Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Every time I read a review of a rap concert in the paper, it seems to say exactly the same thing: the marquee rapper was good, but his entourage of 18 people on stage who all had microphones and attempted to assist in the show ruined things. Oh, and the show was disappointing because it was only 45 minutes long. I’m never sure what to make of these type of reviews. On one hand, it’s entirely possible that rappers are truly oblivious to the idea that they don’t need 20 people backing them up, and are further unaware that a decent concert lasts more than 45 minutes. On the other hand, given the vast similarity in most reviews that I see, I’ve also come to suspect that the paper sends inappropriate reviewers to the shows and these are the only things they can think of to say. My guess is it’s somewhere in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home