Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Quality Control

Last night I was polishing my shoes with my trusty rag and tin of Kiwi "Parade Gloss" shoe polish. I had chosen the "Parade Gloss" polish due to the fact that the name implied that it would be shinier than the plain black shoe polish that was sitting beside it in my drawer. While contemplating this choice, it occurred to me that my "Parade Gloss" polish was another in a long line of items that leave me scratching my head at how someone could choose a similar, but lesser product. Price being pretty much equal, is there any logical reason why I would choose the regular polish, which makes my shoes slightly less shiny? On the same theory, I don't think that I've ever purchased regular strength drain cleaner. If you're trying to clear a clog from your drain (and assuming that you legitimately want to fix the problem), doesn't it make much more sense to buy the professional strength? When an extra 40 cents is going to get you the best, you don't pass that up. That's why I stick to extremes when I'm doing my purchasing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home